Farm Laborers Fair Labor Practices Act
For information and resources to help workers understand New York's new Farm Laborers Fair Labor Practices Act, view our Farm Laborers Fair Labor Practices Act web page and our Farm worker Rights and Employer Responsibilities fact sheet.
The Farm Worker Rights and Employer Responsibilities fact sheet is also available in the following languages:
Looking for a Job Working on a Farm?
We produce an electronic jobs bulletin and update it periodically to help workers connect with jobs on farms in New York. Contact us to access the New York Farm Jobs Bulletin.
The job postings generally include the following information.
- County where the work will be performed
- Job title
- Job description
- Minimum experience requirement
- How to apply*
*Some employers want you contact the farm directly (by telephone, mail, fax, E-mail, or in person), and others require that workers be referred by the Department of Labor.
Forms and Publications
We have produced a booklet entitled Services and Protections for Farm workers. It is available in English, Spanish, and Haitian Creole.
The Spanish and Haitian Creole booklets are currently being updated.
Other Publications and fliers:
We have assembled a packet of information for seasonal farm workers. This packet is currently being updated for 2021.
We have assembled a packet of information for year-round farm workers. This packet is currently being updated for 2021.
Resources for Workers and Job Seekers
- New York Center for Agricultural Medicine and Health
- Water. Rest. Shade. OSHA's campaign to reduce heat-related illness
- Agua. Sombra. Descansos. La campana de OSHA para prevenir las enfermedades a causa del calor en trabajadores al aire libre
- Resources for farm workers from the Cornell Farm worker Program
- Prevailing wage information (see U.S. Department of Labor links below)
New York State Government web sites
- Farm Labor Contractor Registry
- New York State Minimum Wage page
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Pesticide information
- Department of Agriculture and Markets
- Office for New Americans
Federal government websites
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Officina para la Proteccion Financiera del Consumidor
- National Farm worker Jobs Program
- Federal minimum wage information
- Prevailing wage information
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service