Looking for a Job Working on a Farm?
The NYS Department of Labor’s web site is a good place to search for jobs in all industries. Go to https://dol.ny.gov/find-job-0
The job postings generally include the following information.
- County where the work will be performed
- Job title
- Job description
- Minimum experience and education requirement
- How to apply*
If you are interested in learning more about H-2A job orders, you can find them here: SeasonalJobs.dol.gov
Farm Laborers Wage Board
On Wednesday, December 15, 2021, New York State Labor Commissioner Roberta Reardon announced that she will reconvene a wage board to hold virtual public hearings to hear testimony to consider the existing overtime work threshold for farm laborers and the extent to which the overtime work threshold may be lowered in New York State.
For details, see the Farm Laborers Wage Board Hearings web page.
Farm Laborers Fair Labor Practices Act
For information and resources to help workers understand New York's new Farm Laborers Fair Labor Practices Act, view our Farm Laborers Fair Labor Practices Act web page and our Farm worker Rights and Employer Responsibilities fact sheet.
The Farm Worker Rights and Employer Responsibilities fact sheet is also available in the following languages:
বাঙালি (Bengali), Burmese, 中文 (Chinese - Simplified), Kreyòl ayisyen (Haitian Creole), 한국어 (Korean), język polski (Polish)
Forms and Publications
We have produced a booklet entitled "Services and Protections for Farm Workers." It is available below in English, Spanish and Haitian-Creole.
We have also assembled packets of labor information for seasonal agricultural workers and year-round agricultural workers. They are also available below.
Services and Protections for Farm Laborers (P737-English)
Booklet outlining available legal protections and DOL services for farmworkers.
Servicios y protecciones para trabajadores agrícolas (P737S-Spanish)Traducción al español (Spanish)
Servicios y protecciones para trabajadores agrícolas.
Sèvis ak Pwoteksyon pou Travayè Agrikòl Yo (P737HC-Haitian Creole)Tradiksyon kreyòl ayisyen (Haitian Creole)
Sèvis ak pwoteksyon pou travayè agrikòl yo.
Labor Information for Seasonal Agricultural Workers (AGLP2-English)
Packet of information for seasonal agricultural workers
Labor Information for Year-round Agricultural Workers (AGLP12-English)
Packet of information for year-round agricultural workers
Resources for Workers and Job Seekers
- New York Center for Agricultural Medicine and Health
- Water. Rest. Shade. OSHA's campaign to reduce heat-related illness
- Agua. Sombra. Descansos. La campana de OSHA para prevenir las enfermedades a causa del calor en trabajadores al aire libre
- Resources for farm workers from the Cornell Farm worker Program
- Prevailing wage information (see U.S. Department of Labor links below)
New York State Government web sites
- Farm Labor Contractor Registry
- New York State Minimum Wage page
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Pesticide information
- Department of Agriculture and Markets
- Office for New Americans
Federal government websites
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Officina para la Proteccion Financiera del Consumidor
- National Farm worker Jobs Program
- Federal minimum wage information
- Prevailing wage information
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service