Farm Labor Contractor Registration

Farm Labor Contractors and Growers who Employ Farm Labor Contractors:

Any individual who charges a fee to recruit, transport, supply, hire, or supervise farm or food processing workers on behalf of a third party is a Farm Labor Contractor and must register in New York State.

This may include crew leaders, crew bosses, and supervisors who engage in the aforementioned activities.

Registering as a Farm Labor Contractor in New York State is free. 

Registration Guidelines

Download our Farm Labor Contractor Registration Checklist and Tips document in English, Haitian Creole, and Spanish.


For additional assistance with the application process contact Caylin Gwise 585-258-8855 or by email, [email protected] 


Federal Requirements

Please see the U.S. Department of Labor's Farm Labor Contractor website for information on federal registration requirements. 

Additional Information

If you are unable to download any of the forms , we can send them to you by e-mail or by mail.

To request a registration packet or for questions, e-mail us at: [email protected] or call 877-466-9757.