Sign Up for the Virtual Career Center (VCC)
The Virtual Career Center (VCC) is New York State’s premier online job search site, designed with artificial intelligence to match job seekers to their next career and match businesses to qualified candidates. New York businesses can use the tool’s advanced technology to tap into the state’s workforce pipeline and find qualified candidates geared specifically to businesses’ needs in seconds. The platform also enables business users to communicate directly with job candidates and allows them to advance prospective hires through different recruiting phases.
Some of the many benefits of the VCC include:
- Intuitive, easy to use platform
- Businesses can receive a ranked list of candidates matching their job powered by artificial intelligence (AI) to target the best candidates to meet their needs.
- Businesses have the ability to review resumes and communicate directly with candidates through the platform throughout the hiring process.
The VCC saves time and money by offering an all-encompassing platform to post jobs, find qualified candidates, communicate with applicants, and track them throughout the hiring process.
Businesses can sign up at dol.ny.gov/virtual-career-center
Post a Job on the New York State Job Bank
Finding people with the talent and skill you need to grow your business can be tough. The New York State Job Bank can help. As New York State's main source for job postings and job seeker resumes, the Job Bank includes over 200,000 job listings, covering an array of industries. As a business you can:
- Increase interest in your openings
- Index postings directly from your company's website - Learn More About Indexing
- Post seasonal jobs to the NY Seasonal Jobs website
- We can also post the job for you - find out how
- Improve the "fit" of potential hires
- Search the resumes of thousands of job seekers
- Learn more - download our fact sheet
Already have an account? Log In
Hold a Career Fair or Custom Recruitment
These no-cost events enable you to meet several qualified candidates face-to-face. We can target events to specific industries or to an individual business. Participation can save an estimated $13,000 in recruitment costs. Services include:
- Organizing the right recruitment event to fit your needs: Whether you are looking for a large-scale career fair to fill a variety of positions for your business or a small informational booth at one of our local Career Centers, we can help tailor the event to fit your need.
- Choosing a Location: We will assist you with holding your event at your business, a DOL Career Center, or another location.
- Marketing: We will advertise your event through the local media, online, and through our network of Career Centers.
- Assisting with Candidate Review and Hiring: We can assist you with reviewing applicants and identifying the most qualified candidates.
Ready to recruit?
Meet Your Job Posting Compliance Needs
When you post a job on the New York State Job Bank, the Department of Labor can provide you with documentation to verify your posting for your Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) needs - all at no cost to you.
To request documentation, contact the New York State Job Bank at [email protected].
DOL Can Post Your Job For You
We are happy to post a job for you on the New York State Job Bank. Follow the instructions below to submit a job posting by fax, email, or phone:
- Outside New York City: For jobs located in New York State (not in New York City) fill out the NYS Fast Fax Form and fax to (518) 485-1333.
- In New York City: For jobs located in New York City, fill out the NYC Fast Fax Form and fax to (718) 613-3952.
To speed up this process, please fax a copy of your Prevailing Wage Determination (if needed) with your job order request. Write "see attached" under the job description portion of your fast fax form.
NYS Fast Fax Job Order form (ES 515)
- Outside New York City: For jobs located in New York State (not in New York City) complete this fillable job order form and email to [email protected].
- In New York City: For jobs located in New York City, complete this fillable job order form and email it to [email protected].
Under the job description section, be sure to include:
- The O*NET-SOC code.
- The prevailing wage from your Prevailing Wage Determination (PWD). You may elect to scan a copy of your PWD and e-mail it along with your job order.
- Outside New York City: For jobs located in New York State (not in New York City) call (888) 4-NYSDOL.
- In New York City: For jobs located in New York City, call (718) 780-9499.