Filing a Labor Standards Complaint (FARE Grant)

The NYS Department of Labor’s Division of Labor Standards investigates complaints and helps to resolve violations of New York State labor law. Submit form LS223 to make a claim regarding unpaid wages, unpaid wage supplements, minimum wage or overtime violations, illegal deductions, or if your employer fails to give you the required meal period, day of rest, paystub, etc.



Labor Standards Complaint Form (LS223) 

English, AlbanianArabic, BengaliChinese, French, GreekHaitian Creole, HindiItalian, JapaneseKorean, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Urdu, Yiddish


Instructions about Filing a Claim (LS223.2)

English, Albanian, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, French, Greek, Haitian-Creole, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Urdu, Yiddish