A meal period of less than 30 minutes but not less than 20 minutes will be permitted only in special or unusual cases after investigation and issuance of a special permit.
Regulations & Posters
Full text of the law.
This is the regulation regarding the registration requirements for Farm Labor contractors, growers and commissary operators.
Minimum Wage Order for Farm Workers Including Occupations in Agriculture Particularly Hazardous for the Employment of Children Below the Age of 16 (CR 190)
Part 190 of Title 12 of the Official Compilation of Codes, Rules, and Regulations of the state of New York (Cited as 12 NYCRR 190)
Promulgated by the Commissioner of Labor Pursuant to the Minimum Wage Act
(Article 19-A of the New York State Labor Law)
Statutory authority: Labor Law Section 21(11) and Labor Law Section 674
This summary is intended for: growers, food processors, farm labor contractors and farm labor commissary operators. It lists only some of the laws that apply to food processing plants.
Forms for Growers
Application For Farm Labor Contractor Certificate of Registration - Application for Farm Labor Camp Commissary Permit (LS 113.1)
Use this to apply for an application for Farm Labor Contractor Certificate of Registration and/or for applying for an application for Farm Labor Camp Commissary Permit.
Forms for Contractors
Notice to Farm Labor Contractors and Farm Labor Camp Commissary Operators regarding workers' compensation and disability.
Supplemental Application by Registered Contractors (Farm Labor).
Forms for Growers & Contractors
This form illustrates a sample farm work agreement that employers should use to notify each employee in writing of conditions of employment at time of commitment to hire.
Professional Employer Organizations
Text of the law regarding Professional Employers Organizations.
- Federal grant programs
- New York's Land Grant University Extension Service (Cornell Cooperative Extension)
- New York Center for Agricultural Medicine and Health
- Water. Rest. Shade. OSHA's campaign to reduce heat-related illness
- Agua. Sombra. Descansos. La campana de OSHA para prevenir las enfermedades a causa del calor en trabajadores al aire libre
- Pesticide Worker Safety. Pesticide Worker Safety
- Seguridad Laboral Al Usar Pesticidas. Seguridad Laboral Al Usar Pesticidas
- Quick Reference Guide to the Worker Protection Standard. Quick Reference Guide to the Worker Protection Standard
New York State Websites
- Farm Labor Contractor Registry
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Pesticide information
- Department of Agriculture and Markets
- Office for New Americans
Federal Government Websites
- U.S. Department of Labor's Business and Industry Resources page
- Agricultural Recruitment System
- Office of Foreign Labor Certification
- Federal minimum wage information
- Prevailing wage information
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Agriculture's New Farmers web page
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- I-9 Central
- I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services