What You Need to Know
- Helping Connect Asylum Seekers to Employment Opportunities: Governor Hochul recently directed the NYSDOL to help connect asylum seekers to employment opportunities so they can begin working immediately after obtaining federal work authorization. Learn more at our Asylum Seeker Employment Efforts page.
- Notice of Eligibility for UI: Beginning November 13, 2023, NYS employers are required to inform qualifying employees of their right to apply for UI. Employers should complete Form IA 12.3 Record of Employment to provide this information.
- Services for Veterans: DOL is proud to honor New York State servicemembers by helping veterans and eligible persons gain a competitive edge in today’s labor market. Visit our Veterans' Program page for more information.
- Pay Transparency: As of September 17, 2023, New York State businesses with four or more employees are required to list compensation ranges for designated job opportunities, promotions, and transfers. Learn more at our Pay Transparency page.
- NYSDOL COVID-19 Report: Our interactive report “NYSDOL and the COVID 19 Pandemic: Leading and Learning Through Crisis" provides a detailed recounting of NYSDOL’s response to the COVID-19 crisis, placed in the context of where we were as an agency up to and during the height of the outbreak, and how we have grown since.
Ensuring Equality in the Workplace
Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The New York State Department of Labor (DOL) is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for the customers we serve and for our own staff. We recognize that each New Yorker who comes through our doors —whether brick and mortar or virtual—has different circumstances and we believe in accessibility to assure they have a clear pathway to learn about and utilize whatever services they need. We use data to help inform and drive outcomes to move the needle on DEI in NY. And, we work to create an environment where our own employees are empowered and diversity can thrive.
Have a Question? Contact us!
From UI and wage rates to licenses and permits, the Department of Labor is here to help you find the answers you need.
Employment Statistics and Labor Data
Latest Jobs, Unemployment and Regional Market Data
The Research & Statistics Division is the premier source of labor market information in the state. From wages to projections to the latest job figures, the Department of Labor has the most current and accurate labor market information available.
Auxiliary Aides and Services are Available Upon Request and Free of Charge to Individuals with Disabilities
TTY/TDD 711 or 1-800-662-1220 (English)/1-877-662-4886 (Spanish)
We Are Your DOL
Hi! I'm Perkins, the UI Bot.
Click me for assistance.