Click play to learn more about what you'll need to apply for Unemployment Insurance.
What Do You Need to Apply for Unemployment Insurance?
- Full name
- Phone number
- Full mailing address (including city and zip code)
- Social security number
- Driver's license or government issued I.D. (identification card) or Employment authorization number (if you are not a U.S citizen)
- Bank account number and routing number
- Employer information (the following will be needed that can be found on your W-2 or record of employment that is provided by your employer).
- Employer's legal name and address
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- New York State registration number or federal ID number
- Start and end date of all employment
- DD214 (If military service in the last 18 months)
- Wage details
**For more information please visit our File Your First Claim for Benefits page.
Have everything you need? Continue on to the "How to File" page for instruction on navigating our Unemployment Insurance web application.