Click play to learn more about what you'll need to apply for Unemployment Insurance.
What Do You Need to Apply for Unemployment Insurance?
- Full name
- Phone number
- Full mailing address (including city and zip code)
- Social security number
- Driver's license or government issued I.D. (identification card) or Employment authorization number (if you are not a U.S citizen)
- Bank account number and routing number
- Employer information (the following will be needed that can be found on your W-2 or record of employment that is provided by your employer).
- Employer's legal name and address
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- New York State registration number or federal ID number
- Start and end date of all employment
- DD214 (If military service in the last 18 months)
- Wage details
Have everything you need? Continue on to the "How to File" page for instruction on navigating our Unemployment Insurance web application.