New York State Law requires each child performer (including child models) to have a valid Child Performer Permit from the New York State Department of Labor. The 15-day child performer permit is a first-time only and a one-time only permit. A child that has had a 12-month permit in the past may not get a 15-day permit. A child that had a 15-day permit in the past may not get another one.
How it Works
Through the online portal, you can apply for a 15-day temporary child performer permit.
You will be able to:
Print the permit immediately after you submit the application. The permit is valid for 15 consecutive days.
You have two options when you apply for your annual permit:
- You can sign and mail in the pre-filled application, but this can take up to 3 weeks to process.
- You can sign into the portal and enter the required information/upload the forms and submit online. This way should only take a few days to process.
How to Apply
- After you have selected the link to the portal, you will be required to create a personal/individual NY.Gov ID account (if you do not already have one).
- Once your account is established, you can access the 15-day child performer permit application by going to the Labor Standards section of the page and clicking on the application link.
- When you have completed the 15-day child performer permit application you will then press “SUBMIT.”
- You may print and use the 15-day permit immediately after it generates, or you can return to your account at a later time to print it. The 15-day temporary child performer permit is valid for 15 consecutive days after the date the permit is generated.
- If you experience problems creating the NY.Gov ID account, or if you are unable to sign into your account, please call 1-800-833-3000 for assistance.
Apply now for your 15-day application