New York State Law requires each child performer (including child models) to have a valid Child Performer Permit from the New York State Department of Labor. The 15-day child performer permit is a first-time only and a one-time only permit. A child that has had a 12-month permit in the past may not get a 15-day permit. A child that had a 15-day permit in the past may not get another one.
How it Works
Through the online portal, you can apply for a 15-day temporary child performer permit.
You will be able to:
- Print the permit immediately after you submit the application. The permit is valid for 15 consecutive days.
- Sign the pre-filled application that will print with your 15-day permit, attach the required documents, and mail the application to get a 12-month child performer permit. Send in the 12-month application as soon as possible. Without a 12-month permit, the child will not be eligible to work once the 15-day permit expires.
Do not use the online portal if:
- You want to renew your 12-month child performer permit. Please use the LS561 application form instead.
- You have ever obtained a 15-day permit before. The Department has the authority to take certain action against individuals who give us false information in order to get more than one 15-day permit.
How to Apply
- After you have selected the link to the portal, you will be required to create an NY.Gov ID account (if you do not have one already).
- Once your account is established, you can access the 15-day child performer permit application by going to the Labor Standards section of the page and clicking on the application link.
- When you have completed the 15-day child performer permit application you will then press “SUBMIT.”
- You may print and use the 15-day permit immediately after it generates, or you can return to your account at a later time to print it. The 15-day temporary child performer permit is valid for 15 consecutive days after the date the permit is generated.
- If you experience problems creating the NY.Gov ID account, or if you are unable to sign into your account, please call 1-800-833-3000 for assistance.
Apply now for your 15-day application