The Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee for Cement Masons Local Union #111, will conduct a recruitment from July 27, 2023 through July 25, 2024 for six Cement Mason apprentices, the New York State Department of Labor announced today.
Applications must be completed on site at the Local Union #111 office, 111 Wales Avenue, North Tonawanda, NY 14150, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. on every Thursday of each month, during the recruitment period. All applications must be received no later than July 25, 2024.
The Committee requires that applicants:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a minimum of a 10th grade education level.
- Must be physically able to perform the work required as determined by a verbal statement.
- Must take and pass a drug test, at the expense of the sponsor, after selection and prior to enrollment in apprenticeship.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in order to operate company vehicles.
- Must have reliable means of transportation to and from various job sites and required classes at the approved school.
- Must live within the jurisdiction of Local Union #111, which includes: Erie County, Niagara County, and the towns of Perrysburg and Gowanda in Cattaraugus County.
For further information, applicants should contact Cement Masons Local Union #111 at (716) 695-1494 or (716) 998-7889. Additional job search assistance can be obtained at your local New York State Department of Labor Career Center (see: dol.ny.gov/career-centers).
Apprentice programs registered with the Department of Labor must meet standards established by the Commissioner. Under state law, sponsors of programs cannot discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to submit applications for apprenticeship programs. Sponsors of programs are required to adopt affirmative action plans for the recruitment of women and minorities.