What You Need to Know
- UI Fraud and Tax Bills: Have you received a bill from the IRS, New York State Department of Taxation and Finance, or another state tax department related to unemployment benefits that you did not file? If so, you may be a victim of unemployment identity fraud. To file a fraud report with NYS DOL, please visit our Report Unemployment Insurance Fraud page.
- Budget Testimony: Commissioner Reardon Testifies on the 2024 Executive Budget. Read Testimony
- 1099-G Update: By the end of January, New Yorkers who received unemployment benefits in 2023 will receive a copy of their 1099-G in the mail. You can also access your 1099-G for calendar year 2023 though your online ny.gov account. For more information about the form, visit our 1099-G webpage.
- NYS DOL Business Services: Whether your business is growing by leaps and bounds or struggling in today’s difficult climate, we’re here to help. View our new Business Services factsheet and scan the QR codes for more information.
- Youth Worker Pledge: Employers, help us protect New York’s youth workers! In 2023, Governor Kathy Hochul tasked the New York State Department of Labor to create the Protect Youth Workers Pledge for employers as a part of a broader initiative to protect youth workers within the state.
Ensuring Equality in the Workplace
Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The New York State Department of Labor (DOL) is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for the customers we serve and for our own staff. We recognize that each New Yorker who comes through our doors —whether brick and mortar or virtual—has different circumstances and we believe in accessibility to assure they have a clear pathway to learn about and utilize whatever services they need. We use data to help inform and drive outcomes to move the needle on DEI in NY. And, we work to create an environment where our own employees are empowered and diversity can thrive.
Have a Question? Contact us!
From UI and wage rates to licenses and permits, the Department of Labor is here to help you find the answers you need.
Employment Statistics and Labor Data
Latest Jobs, Unemployment and Regional Market Data
The Research & Statistics Division is the premier source of labor market information in the state. From wages to projections to the latest job figures, the Department of Labor has the most current and accurate labor market information available.
Auxiliary Aides and Services are Available Upon Request and Free of Charge to Individuals with Disabilities
TTY/TDD 711 or 1-800-662-1220 (English)/1-877-662-4886 (Spanish)
We Are Your DOL
Hi! I'm Perkins, the UI Bot.
Click me for assistance.