Public Subsidy Board Meeting Announcement
The New York State Department of Labor will hold a Public Subsidy Board Meeting on Tuesday, March 28, 2023 from 3 PM to 4 PM. This meeting is open to the public and will be livestreamed via Zoom. It will be recorded and posted to this webpage following the conclusion of the meeting.
Attendance information is available below. Attendees are not required to register to attend.
Livestream link: us06web.zoom.us/j/82687975317
- 199 Church Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10007
- Building 12, Main Entrance, W. Averell Harriman State Office Building Campus, Albany, NY 12226
Shaun McCready, Director Bureau of Public Work
Phone (518) 485-5696 email – S[email protected]
The board shall be empowered to issue binding determinations to any public entity, or any private or not-for-profit owner or developer as to any particular matter related to an existing or potential covered project regarding the following:
- The minimum threshold percentage of public funds set forth in section 224-a (but no lower);
- The minimum dollar threshold of projects set forth in section 224-a (but no lower);
- Construction work excluded as a covered project, as set forth in section 224-a;
- The definition of construction for purposes of section 224-a; (e) particular instances of benefits, monies or credits as to whether or not they should constitute public funds.
Labor Law 224-c
Thirteen members appointed by the Governor. Term at the pleasure of the authority appointing, designating or recommending. One member upon the recommendation of the Temporary President of the Senate; one member upon the recommendation of the Speaker of the Assembly; the DOL Commissioner (acts as Chairperson); the President of ESD, the Director of DOB, two members representing employees in the construction industry, of whom one shall be a representative of the largest statewide trade labor association representing building and construction workers, and one shall be a representative of the largest trade labor association representing building and construction workers with membership in New York City, and two members representing employers in the construction industry, of whom one shall be a representative of the largest statewide organization representing building owners and developers, either for-profit or not-for-profit, and one shall be a representative of a statewide organization representing building owners and developers, either for-profit or not-for-profit, representing a region different than the region primarily represented by the initial employer representative. The commissioner shall act as the chair. The members shall serve at the pleasure of the authority recommending, designating, or otherwise appointing such member.