The Occupational Employment and Wage Statistics (OEWS) program provides estimates of employment and wages for nearly 800 job titles across New York State. These are estimates of the number of workers by occupation and the typical wages paid to people in those jobs.
Using the dashboard below, you will be able to look at employment and wage information by occupation, compare wages for occupations across the state, view wages and employment for occupations within occupational groups, and view occupational employment by Industry.
Wage information has been updated to the first quarter of 2022 by making cost-of-living adjustments. It is available for New York State and its 10 Labor Market Regions.
The dashboard below can be used to explore the data in multiple ways:
- Occupation Lookup - Allows you to retrieve wage and employment data for an occupational group or a single occupation based on labor market region.
- Area Comparison - Allows you to retrieve and compare wage data for an occupational group or a single occupation between the labor market regions.
- Occupation Comparison - Allows you to retrieve and compare wage and employment data for an occupational group based on labor market region.
- Occupations by Industry Visual - Allows you to retrieve occupational employment data by industry for NYS, in a visual format.
- Occupations by Industry Table - Allows you to retrieve occupational employment data by industry for NYS, in a table format.
- Occupational Data by Region - Allows you to select a region and retrieve employment and wage data for all occupations in the region.
- Industry Employment by Occupation - Allows you to retrieve industry employment data by occupation for NYS, in a table format.
To learn more about how to use Tableau and download data, check out our guide Tableau Tips for the Web.