How can I get claim information for a claimant who has died?
You can request claim information for a UI claimant who has died by writing to:
New York State Department of Labor
P.O. Box 15130
Albany, NY 12212
The letter should include all of this information:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- Appropriate legal papers showing you as the executor or administrator of the deceased person's estate
- Your relation to the deceased
- The deceased person's name and Social Security number
- What information you need
- A copy of the death certificate
How do I retrieve a deceased claimant's unemployment benefits if I am the executor to the person's estate?
In order to retrieve funds paid to a deceased individual, you must contact the bank to which the funds were released. The Department of Labor cannot retrieve unemployment insurance benefit payments made to either a KeyBank debit card or bank account.
To request release of funds from a KeyBank debit card account, call the KeyBank Customer Service Center at 866-295-2955. To request release of funds from a bank account, contact the bank where the payments were deposited.