The Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee for Roofers, Waterproofers, and Allied Workers, Local Union #154, will conduct a recruitment from October 7, 2021 through October 6, 2022 for five Roofer apprentices, the New York State Department of Labor announced today.
Applications can be obtained from Roofers Local Union #154, 370 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway, Suite 1 Rear, Hauppauge, NY, from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, excluding legal holidays, during the recruitment period. Applications must be received no later than October 6, 2022.
The Committee requires that applicants:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (such as TASC or GED).
- Must pass a physical examination, at the expense of the sponsor, after selection and prior to enrollment in apprenticeship.
- Must have reliable means of transportation to and from various job sites and required classes at the approved school.
- Must reside within the jurisdiction of Local Union #154 at the time of application, which includes Nassau and Suffolk counties.
For further information, applicants should contact United Union for Roofers, Waterproofers and Allied Workers, Local Union #154 at (631) 435-0655. Additional job search assistance can be obtained at your local New York State Department of Labor Career Center (see: dol.ny.gov/career-centers).
Apprentice programs registered with the Department of Labor must meet standards established by the Commissioner. Under state law, sponsors of programs cannot discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to submit applications for apprenticeship programs. Sponsors of programs are required to adopt affirmative action plans for the recruitment of women and minorities.