The Plumber-Pipefitters JAC Lo. #112 (Northern Zone), will conduct a recruitment from August 4, 2021 through July 6, 2022 for four Plumber and Steamfitter apprentices, the New York State Department of Labor announced today.
Please note, the four openings listed for apprentices represent the total number for three recruitment regions – the Central, Mohawk Valley, and North Country regions of the state
Applications can be obtained from Local Union #112, Northern Zone Office, 110 Dry Road, Oriskany, NY, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on the first working Wednesday of each month, excluding legal holidays, during the recruitment period. Applications must be filled out only in-person. Applications must be received no later than July 6, 2022.
The Committee requires that applicants:
- Must be at least 18 years old at time of employment and sign an affidavit attesting to this. Proof may be required after selection and prior to enrollment in apprenticeship.
- Must have a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (such as TASC or GED), as recognized by local school authorities. Must sign an affidavit attesting to this. Proof may be required.
- Must pass a medical examination and a drug test, at the expense of the sponsor, after selection and prior to enrollment in apprenticeship.
- Must sign an affidavit stating that they are physically able to do the work of a Plumber and Steamfitter, which may include:
- Regularly working at varying heights up to 150 feet.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from various job sites and required classes at the approved school.
- Must provide DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, if applicable, after selection and prior to enrollment in apprenticeship.
- Must sign a scholarship loan agreement in conjunction with the required classes.
- Must be able to purchase text materials for use in required classes. Text materials are provided free of charge, except those which need to be replaced or those which students wish to write in or use for reference guides in the field. The cost for those materials should not exceed $850 (over the course of a five-year apprenticeship).
For further information, applicants should contact the Plumber-Pipefitters JAC Lo. #112 at (607) 723-9593 or (607) 772-0344, or visit online at www.ualocal112.org. Additional job search assistance can be obtained at your local New York State Department of Labor Career Center (see: dol.ny.gov/career-centers).
Apprentice programs registered with the Department of Labor must meet standards established by the Commissioner. Under state law, sponsors of programs cannot discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to submit applications for apprenticeship programs. Sponsors of programs are required to adopt affirmative action plans for the recruitment of women and minorities.