The North Atlantic States Carpenters Training Fund (formerly known as New England Carpenters Apprenticeship Fund and Northeast Carpenters Apprenticeship Fund) will conduct a recruitment from June 6, 2022 through June 5, 2023 for five Linoleum, Resilient Tile and Carpet Layer apprentices, the New York State Department of Labor announced today.
Applications are available online at the North Atlantic States Carpenters Training Fund (NASCTF) website (https://www.nasctf.org/) during the recruitment period. Applicants who do not have internet access may visit their local library or nearest New York State Department of Labor Career Center (dol.ny.gov/career-centers) when open.
Interested candidates must attend an in-person information session prior to submitting an electronic application. Applications are also available at the information sessions. In-person information sessions are given the first Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m., excluding legal holidays, during the recruitment period at the following locations (please selection location nearest to you):
Albany - 16 Corporate Cir, Albany, NY 12203
Rochester - 21 Jetview Drive, Rochester, NY 14624
Rock Tavern - 52 Stone Castle Rd, Rock Tavern, NY 12575
Syracuse - 6920 Princeton Ct, Syracuse, NY 13212
Buffalo - 1000 N Blossom Rd, Elma, NY 14059
Horseheads - 181 Latta Brook Industrial Park Rd, Horseheads, NY 14845
Information sessions at Jamestown, 65 E Main St, Falconer, NY 14733, are held at 4:00 p.m. sharp.
If the first Monday falls on a holiday, the information session will occur at the second Monday of that month at 6:00 p.m. (4:00 p.m. in Jamestown). Please note, spaces are limited, and filled on a first-come, first-served basis. At the conclusion of the information session, a passcode will be given which is required to complete an online application. If any assistance is needed for completing the online application, please visit the NASCTF listed above between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Please contact the NASCTF at (585) 436-1110 for information session in additional locations and obtaining applications in-person if needed.
In order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 during the application process each applicant MUST wear an appropriate face covering, and respect and maintain a proper social distance while standing in line, both inside and outside the building, as well as while completing the actual application for apprenticeship.
All applications must be received by no later than 12 a.m. (Midnight) on June 5, 2023.
The Committee requires that applicants:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (such as TASC or GED). Proof will be required at time of application.
- Must attest in writing that they are physically able to perform the work of a carpenter, which may include:
- Working with stationary and portable hand and power tools.
- Standing and stooping for prolonged periods of time.
- Working in all types of weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
- Performing constant repetitive motions.
- Lifting/holding items that weigh a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must pass a drug test, at the expense of the sponsor, after selection and prior to enrollment in apprenticeship. If applicant tests positive, they cannot reapply for one year.
- Must be willing to attend required classes at the approved school.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from various job sites (in counties listed below) and required classes at the approved school.
- Must live in the geographical jurisdiction, which includes all New York State counties excluding: Nassau, Suffolk, the counties of the five boroughs of New York (Kings, Bronx, Queens, New York and Richmond), Westchester, Rockland, Putnam, Dutchess, and specific towns in Orange County: Arden, Central Valley, Congers, Craigsville, Eagle Valley, Fort Montgomery, Garnerville, Harriman, Hempstead, Highland Mills, Kiryas Joel, Ladentow, Merriewold Lake, Mountain Lodge, Mountainville, Mount Ivy, Oxford Depot, Pomona Heights, Pomonu, Salisbury Mills, Sloatsburg, Southfields, Sterling Forest, Stony Point, Sugar Loa, Summit Park, Thiells, Tomkins Cove, Tuxedo Park, Washingtonville, West Haverstraw, Willow Grove
- Must provide military transfer card or discharge form DD-214, if applicable, after selection and prior to enrollment in apprenticeship.
For further information, applicants should contact North Atlantic States Carpenters Training Fund at (585) 437-1110. Additional job search assistance can be obtained at your local New York State Department of Labor Career Center (see: dol.ny.gov/career-centers).
Apprentice programs registered with the Department of Labor must meet standards established by the Commissioner. Under state law, sponsors of programs cannot discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to submit applications for apprenticeship programs. Sponsors of programs are required to adopt affirmative action plans for the recruitment of women and minorities.