What You Need to Know
- Helping Connect Asylum Seekers to Employment Opportunities: Governor Hochul recently directed the NYSDOL to help connect asylum seekers to employment opportunities so they can begin working immediately after obtaining federal work authorization. Learn more at our Asylum Seeker Employment Efforts page.
- Child Care in NYS Report: Our interactive report "Child Care in New York State" examines trends within the child care industry across NYS and discusses the impact the child care industry has on access to affordable child care and its effect on the labor force and the gender pay gap.
- Pay Transparency: As of September 17, 2023, New York State businesses with four or more employees are required to list compensation ranges for designated job opportunities, promotions, and transfers. Learn more at our Pay Transparency page.
- NYSDOL COVID-19 Report: Our interactive report “NYSDOL and the COVID 19 Pandemic: Leading and Learning Through Crisis" provides a detailed recounting of NYSDOL’s response to the COVID-19 crisis, placed in the context of where we were as an agency up to and during the height of the outbreak, and how we have grown since. We created this report in the spirit of transparency, offering an honest recounting of the circumstances that left us overwhelmed in the beginning of the pandemic, and the steps we took to get us through the long road ahead.
- Sexual Harassment Model Policy & Training: NYSDOL has finalized the state’s Sexual Harassment Model Policy, a template document that New York State provides to employers to help them comply with State laws and access state-of-the-art policies on sexual harassment and related topics to protect employees in the workplace. Access the new model policy and training resources.
Ensuring Equality in the Workplace
Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The New York State Department of Labor (DOL) is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for the customers we serve and for our own staff. We recognize that each New Yorker who comes through our doors —whether brick and mortar or virtual—has different circumstances and we believe in accessibility to assure they have a clear pathway to learn about and utilize whatever services they need. We use data to help inform and drive outcomes to move the needle on DEI in NY. And, we work to create an environment where our own employees are empowered and diversity can thrive.
Have a Question? Contact us!
From UI and wage rates to licenses and permits, the Department of Labor is here to help you find the answers you need.
Employment Statistics and Labor Data
Latest Jobs, Unemployment and Regional Market Data
The Research & Statistics Division is the premier source of labor market information in the state. From wages to projections to the latest job figures, the Department of Labor has the most current and accurate labor market information available.
Auxiliary Aides and Services are Available Upon Request and Free of Charge to Individuals with Disabilities
TTY/TDD 711 or 1-800-662-1220 (English)/1-877-662-4886 (Spanish)
We Are Your DOL
Hi! I'm Perkins, the UI Bot.
Click me for assistance.